Sunday, November 25, 2012

Dreamer in the Deep

Beware when Cthulu awakes.

That is not dead which can eternal lie, 
And with strange aeons even death may die. 

Bit of a different one for you this time around. I like doodling monsters (don't we all!) and when I had this guy looking out from my sketchpad I knew I had to make something a bit more polished from it. Cthulu is one of those characters that is pretty loosely described, which allows you to go completely mad and draw pretty much whatever you like. So after a lot of scribbling and shading I managed to turn a simple tentacled dude into this rather fetching design. It was great fun just getting into all the little details and making sure all that hatching was working nicely.

If you would like a tasteful monster adorning your stuff you can get hold of it from Redbubble, Society6 and even Zazzle. All the details are on the Doodle Dojo Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment