Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 over and out

Its that 'recycle an old doodle' time of the year!
I don't usually write lots of boring stuff in these posts but I figure that once a year can't hurt. This year I decided to get back into drawing after carefully avoiding it for too long. So when I discovered sites like Zazzle and Redbubble it came as a bit of a surprise that I hadn't found them before. After a bit of the usual artistic doubt (but what if people think my drawing is rubbish, what if these places are a scam, etc.) I got a bunch of stuff out there on the internet. A good chunk of time and effort later and I now have something to show for my efforts. This blog and a whole bunch of drawings!

The bit that really stuns me is that some people have paid money to own something with my doodles on. Thank you so much to those who did actually spend out, you have no idea what a pleasure it is to receive those emails. Thanks also to the people who have helped out voting, reblogging, liking and tweeting about my work. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be still doing this without all that help.

So here comes another year and I'm hoping that more of the same happens. So please invite your friends to have a look, leave a comment, and maybe even buy something. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment