Friday, August 10, 2012

Licensed to Rebel

No sleep 'til Endor
Sci-fi and music in the same illustration. When I first heard the Beastie Boys I was very small indeed, much like when I first saw Star Wars. They left a bit of an impression, especially the iconic cover of Licensed to Ill. I'm not really sure how this mash-up made it into my head, but once it was there I had to see what it would look like. The Rebels and the Beasties are both pretty anti-establishment and there is no better symbol of the Star Wars establishment than the Star destroyer. Unless maybe its the Death Star, but then what would the destroyer have to crash into?

If you think it's time to get ill then you might want to get over to Redbubble or Society6 and check out some of the T-shirts, iPhone cases, posters and stickers available. All the details are on the Doodle Dojo Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment